Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A difference between men and women

Olivia is the stake YW president.  They do a stake girls' camp every year that she is heavily involved with.  The other day she was telling me about the meetings they had already had planning girls' camp next summer.  She is already making strides in her preparation.

Adam is the ward YM president.  The priests and teachers are going on a high adventure campout next week.  Last night he asked me if I'd sit down with him and talk about the food plans.  He and the other leaders have some loose plans for what they're doing each day that they've come up with in the last few weeks.

He sent out an email to parents with information about the camp and said that they were car camping so bring all the regular things you need for sleeping, hiking, swimming and working (they're doing service too).

It's all so simple.

When I went to girls' camp we made cutesy packing lists, we assigned secret sisters with cutesy pages of instructions, we made cutesy pillow treats for each night.  Every day had a carefully orchestrated topic, every tent had a theme.

It was all so much work.

As much as I'm a planner and as much as I don't like camping, I think I would make a better YM leader than YW leader.

Like I told my counselor back then, I think I'm allergic to cutesy.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

There's nothing "cutesy" about what we've been doing. We're seeking inspiration and ward leader input on which young women should be called to plan YW Camp for next year. It seems like the same thing Young Men leaders would do too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails