Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

This week

The light quality has been different because the air has been smoky, especially in the morning and evening.

The sun, before it sets is blood red.


It's pretty + dramatic but I can't 100% enjoy it because I know that it is because of smoke and smoke means fire and destruction.  I feel for the people who are in the fire's path.

Other things are a bit off too though.

Our van went to scout camp this week and I'm driving Adam's car.  The radio presets are all on the wrong stations and the gas tank is on the opposite side.  My mason jar didn't fit in the cup holder.

It's all a little off.

Mark's room is silent and I haven't heard his laugh all day or heard him rummaging around in the kitchen or asking me "when and what is for dinner?"  His questions on the daily.

There was no happy shift in the day when Adam came home from work last night and even though I tell myself I will go to bed early, I usually don't because it feels different when Adam is gone.

They just left yesterday but I miss Adam and Mark.

I'm glad for Braeden and Emma.  Yesterday I determined to do all the nagging sort of errands that I've been putting off and Emma went with me.

We stopped by DI to drop off a trunkload and dropped off dry cleaning.  I felt noble.

Braeden should be at EFY this week but he's home nursing his terrible cold.  He's been sick for a few weeks and I'm taking matters in hand and bossing him around and forcing him to rest.

The three of us are going to a play later this week. (I've decided Braeden will be sufficiently rested to handle it.)

While we were planning our week, Braeden looked from Emma to me and said, "It's nice to be home with my girls."

Some weeks are a little off but it doesn't mean they're bad weeks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails