Pages

Friday, July 20, 2018

Grateful Friday

Way out in the land of the setting sun,
Where the wind blows wild and free,
There’s a lovely spot, just the only one
That means home sweet home to me.


Things I loved about our little Nevada trip:

1. Cherry Pie Night:  it lived up to its billing.  Plus, since my mom is my mom, we had cherry pie leftovers.

2.  Touring Enoch and Jennifer's new house.  So pretty!

3. Watching Braeden teach his cousins swim lessons.




4. My dad made me a copper straw (because I don't know about you but I don't want to add any straws to the islands of plastic garbage in the middle of the ocean--that sort of haunts me).

I was wearing my Thelma shirt...



...and I explained that growing up I could never find anything with my name on it.

Since my dad is my dad, he engraved my name on the straw!



5. Walking with my mom in the mornings.

6. Sitting on the front porch at dusk.

7. Seeing the proud gleam in Mark's eye when he worked hard one day and was paid.

8. Picking vegetables in the greenhouse and then eating them.

9. Quilting with my mom, Olivia and Liliana.

10. I didn't take any pictures of the sunrises or sunsets but I enjoyed them. (Also I should have taken a picture of the new colt. He is super cute.)

I am grateful for time with Olivia and Jennifer.  Sister time is always the best time.  I'm grateful for my good parents.  They are an anchor in my life.  They are fun to talk to.  They laugh at me, but they love me and that's worth a lot.  I'm grateful that I got to see Enoch--if briefly.  Brothers were a good invention.  I'm grateful I got to see those cute nieces and nephews.  I love seeing the unique ways they shine.

I feel a little cheated that Marianne's family was gone.  What kind of Nevada trip includes Marianne being gone?!?  (They are in Nauvoo participating in the pageant.)

I'm grateful for my boys, who are always a good time.  And I'm grateful to be back home with Emma and Adam again.



1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

It was great to have you in the neighborhood!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails