Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Camp Thelma

The idea all started one night over dinner at Rumbi Island Grill when I told Carolina I could teach her how to fold a fitted sheet and she sort of swooned because that was the kind of thing she wanted to learn.  I don't know how we came up with Camp Thelma, but that was the name.

Liliana and Carolina were my campers.  I had surveyed them earlier with things they may want to do and they had ranked the list.  (It was all very scientific.)  Tuesday and Wednesday morning we spent time together doing all the things and then the culmination was lunch with Olivia's family (sans Ruben who was at CHIP camp at BYU--I don't know what CHIP camp stands for, but I know it's for cool kids like Ruben who know how to build robots and stuff like that) and Marianne's family (sans most of them--it was just Marianne and Liberty and Morgan who joined us).

I carefully documented our happenings.  I told the girls I would put pictures on my blog and I told them I'd let them approve the pictures first but then I forgot to do that and I'm posting the pictures anyway.

I guess I'm not too trustworthy as far as aunts go....

First we went to the Payson temple to perform baptisms.  Emma joined us because she didn't have to work (Mark spent the day going bowling and to museums with the Cobians.):


the sunshine caused some dazzling effects in the photo....

I loved being in the temple with these three sweet girls.  Anytime I am in the temple with people I love, the normal temple joy I feel is amplified.

We came home and learned different ways to fold napkins and set a festive table for lunch:


The girls chose different ways to do the napkins, hence the variety.

Next was our craft project.

Carolina cutting thread lengths.

Liliana cutting thread lengths

I loved the colors and patterns the girls chose.  They are both artists.

We made these wall hangings for their rooms.



We learned how to propagate philodendrons (they each got a plant to take home):



And how to fold fitted sheets!





What can I say?  There is joy in folded fitted sheets!

I taught them a couple of principles for arranging items on a shelf.  The main principle?  Do what you like.  We cleared off two shelves and they got to choose from whatever they wanted to arrange a shelf.


Mark said I was only doing it as an opportunity to get them to clean my shelves. He also said he was glad we were having people over for lunch so we could have good food for once. Anyone interested in a red-headed 15 year old boy?  I would even deliver him to you.  Free of charge.

Here they are with their finished shelves:



Such cute girls!

Lastly, we did some hand-lettering.

They were good at it like I knew they would be.



After lunch, the moms got to take a grand tour and look at the projects.

Anytime I get to spend time with my sisters is a happy time.  It's no surprise I love spending time with their daughters too.

These are my people.

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Thanks for the wonderful Camp Thelma!

Anonymous said...

What dear aunts my girls have!! Thank you. Those girls do look supremely happy folding those fitted sheets!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails