Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

Grateful Friday

I'm grateful for kids that entertain me.  Making me laugh isn't the only thing they bring to the table, but I love it.  I also love the times when Mark chimes in on text messages.  His messages are few and far between, but worth the wait.

For example:



(Mark's profile picture is one he put on my phone--it's a selfie he took while under the influence of wisdom teeth removal.  I'm not sure why I want to see that every time he texts....)

Adam mentioned he liked my blog post and Mark wrote this:



Adam's funny too.

But I should explain the $3.02.

The other morning, there was a dead bird on our deck, right in the middle of the couch out there.  (Our house is a magnet for suicidal birds who fly into our windows.  It's sad.) Emma and I both decided to get Mark to deal with it.  He stoically did.

He was spending the day with Olivia and I gave him a ten dollar bill.

He handed me the change when I saw him and I said he could keep it because he had dealt with the bird.

So yes, he is a man of means.

Here's a text conversation between Adam and me, which also happened this week.  I had texted Adam about Mark struggling with repairing his bike tire, but then Mark fixed it because that's the kind of kid he is.


And I 100% agree.  He is awesome.  And even if I'd had any takers, I wouldn't give him away.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I know you wouldn't give him away, but thanks for lending him out to us Cobians!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails