Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Guh, Guh, Guh!

Yesterday was more time with QE.  We hung out at their apartment and played at the little playground and just watched her, which is very entertaining.  Braeden got home from class and QE was sleeping so I stayed with her and everyone else went to Mr. Pickles, a sandwich shop Adam and I discovered, and brought back sandwiches for lunch.  They are the best sandwiches I've ever had!  

I read to QE and she was very calm and seemed sleepy so Anna was ready to put her to sleep and Adam and I snuck out to let her nap before the next adventure.

She didn't nap.  She just kept saying, "Guh, Guh, Guh!"

We went back over and our girl was a little delirious in her overtired state.  (She reminds us so much of Emma!  Adam calls her Emma a lot.  Emma acted the same way when she was overtired.)

Anna had a school assignment she hadn't realized was due so soon, so we took Braeden and QE on an adventure.  We drove over beautiful green farmland to Yuba City and walked around the Feather River temple which will be dedicated later this summer.  It is beautiful, like all temples are.  QE had slept on the way so she was ready to party.

We drove to Lincoln to a Chinese restaurant that was highly recommended by Cameron, who works with Adam and grew up around there.  He told Adam he has had his mom overnight him food from there.

Braeden loved it and said he wanted Cameron's mom to send him food from there too.

There was a nine month old baby at the table next to ours and she and QE were very interested in each other.  She is just a happy and friendly baby!

I had sat in the back on the ride there and Adam sat in the back on the ride back.  (Next to the carseat is prime real estate.) Braeden drove us back to their apartment.  Usually I don't really like riding with our kids driving (and they don't like it either).  Braeden is I guess a fully grown up man now, because I didn't mind riding with him driving at all.  We listened to music and talked and it was so good to be with our boy.  I told him I was proud of him and the way he is living his life.

He said, "Well, I married really well.  That helped me a lot."

I said, "She married well too."

What else is his mom going to think?

We said our good-byes and were melancholy grandparents heading back to our hotel.  Today we will head back to Nevada and snow.  Braeden is so busy with school and work and we don't want to stay too long and disrupt their lives too much.  Company and fish start to smell after three days.

Still.  

It's hard to leave those three.  

At the Feather River temple, Braeden held QE up above the construction fence and showed her the temple.  I told her that because of temple covenants, we were all sealed together forever.

What a blessing that is!

1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

We're so thankful for that blessing and to be sealed to all of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails