Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Making me happy

All of my students aren't members of the same church as I am (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), but enough of them are that I know I am teaching in Utah County.

Over spring break, the third grade teachers had a reading challenge for our students.  Here's what one of my students returned and reported with:


***

Yesterday was "student appreciation day" at school so a bunch of us stood out front with little pom poms and some were blowing bubbles and we were all enthusiastically welcoming the students to school and to walk through the big balloon arch the PTA had provided.  Bleary eyed children would stumble out of their parents' cars and be greeted with eager zeal.  Several of them gave me an, "OK crazy lady..." look.

Riley, the head custodian was out there like he is every morning.  A student walked up who has been a pretty extreme behavior problem for years and who is one of the ones Riley has adopted as a helper.  Riley said, "Hey!  You're here on your birthday?!?  Happy birthday!"

The little boy grinned and I considered how lucky I am to work with people like Riley who knows the birthday of the student who is always finding himself in trouble.

***

While we were gone, my new computer cover arrived.  

I've decided to name my new computer Vinnie.


***

I had recess duty yesterday and it was sublime.  The sun was shining and the grass was free of snow and it was even green.  The mountain is still full of snow and that makes me feel like I have money in the bank.

It's the little things.


3 comments:

Marianne said...

Vinnie is lovely!

Olivia Cobian said...

I love this happy post!

Mark Dahl said...

I love this post also.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails