Pages

Monday, June 5, 2023

Weekend

Adam said I'm addicted to projects.  And maybe.

I finished my big classroom project during the week and on Friday I did another project I had been wanting to do.  I created a toy room/guest room for QE.  

I also created a big mess and got really tired.  We had been using that room for a catchall and holding space for things we were taking to Nevada/ things from school/ things that need to go to DI/ everything random.

It was the junk drawer of the house.

Not anymore.


I've had that desk since I was a little girl.  My grandma had it when she was a little girl.  Pays to be the namesake!


Another project was sorting through the pile that presumably had my desk under it.  

My mom gave me a manilla envelope stuffed with cards and letters.  They were the cards and letters and some pictures that I had sent my grandma over the years.  I can't believe she saved them all.  There was a definite theme in what I wrote.  Thank you.  Thank you for the generous gift.  Thank you from coming to visit us.  Thank you for helping me.  Thank you for letting me stay with you.  Thank you.

One manilla envelope stuffed with cards and letters isn't enough appreciation.  It certainly sums up my relationship with her though because I always had so much to be thankful for.

She saved the program from my high school baccalaureate and also a program from a play I was in when I was in high school.  She saved wonky pictures I drew her.  

She saved photographs of me.


Such a happy child!  I'm pretty sure I was in the running to be the next Gerber baby....

On Saturday I finished up finding places to put all the stuff (some of it ended up stacked in the corner of Emma's room).  Is being an adult just moving stuff around indefinitely?

Geri flew to Salt Lake on Saturday and Emma picked her up and we all met up at Pam's house.  

She has a steep mountain to climb, especially when grief stricken.  I hope we were able to be helpful in our small way, but I know it doesn't do much.  Hopefully our love helps and I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ helps.  We sat on the back porch and Geri spoke of the love of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father and I'm beyond grateful for that knowledge.

I taught Sunday School again yesterday.  I was nervous, but also distracted so not as nervous as before.  Or maybe I'm actually getting used to it?

We had a nice day with Geri.  She went and visited Pam briefly.  Emma came and she and I took a walk.  After Emma left, we drove past the Lindon Temple site and the Orem temple site and walked along the Provo river, which is running high and fast!

Today is the funeral.  It turns out we are singing at it.  Luckily we have Emma to carry us.


1 comment:

Marianne said...

How I love that little brown-eyed girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails