Pages

Friday, June 30, 2023

Grateful Friday

After smugly feeling like maybe I had conquered headaches, I had a doozy.  Not horrible, but days long. If I don't have a headache for awhile I think I'm cured and if I have a bad headache, I think I'm dying.  This was somewhere in the middle, but I didn't like it.

Speaking of dying, I realized that root rot was the problem with my two plants.  I spread the soil out in the sun on the side of the house by the driveway where nothing grows anyway.  Maybe the soil can get itself figured out.  I washed the pots and set them on the deck for the sun to sanitize.  I threw the plants away.

Sometimes you just need to start over.

My mom called me yesterday to see why I hadn't written a blog post.

I told her about my headache.

I also told her about other things that were bothering me and she said, "I understand."

Sometimes you just need your mom.

I told Mark I needed to go to Walmart and he said he'd go with me after work.  Sometimes it's the little things like a buddy to go to Walmart.

I'm still trying to wade through and get rid of photos I don't want on my old computer.  It is boring and not very fun, but then I come across good stuff like pictures from Braeden and Anna's wedding.  

Root rot, headaches, disappointments.  They are all tempered by good things too.

It's my turn to teach Sunday School this weekend.  There's so much good stuff there, I don't think we'll have time to talk about it.  The title of the lesson is He is risen.

Talk about good news.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails