Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Tiny delights

Happy Valentine's Day!  I am looking forward to spending a quiet evening at home with Adam tonight.

I came up with the itinerary.  French Onion soup from Trader Joe's.  That is all.  Maybe frozen pizza if we are feeling like frozen pizza (the Detroit style from Costco).

Sometimes less is more.

Yesterday I wore a sweater with a big red heart on it.  Jamie wore a Valentine's Day t-shirt.  I saw her and I said, "I have that same t-shirt, but I am wearing mine tomorrow!"

Jamie said, "I am wearing a sweater with a big heart on it tomorrow."

She said, "I love how we both have our outfits carefully planned."

Well, yes.  They didn't throw out the cookie cutter when they made us.

Also, I went in her office yesterday at lunch and huddled by her space heater because my classroom was freezing.  

Eventually I said, "OK, I have to be brave and go back to my classroom.  Lunch recess is over."

She handed me some candy.  "Take this," she said, like she was sending me into battle and didn't want me to go empty handed.

She is on a path to become a principal and I can't lose another work bestie!  Janelle leaving was bad enough.

I had recess duty and coincidentally was wearing black pants and black shoes and the sun was shining and I am very happy in February when I'm wearing black and the sun is shining at recess.  

It's the little things.

It's the little things like Adam and our kids sending each other song lyrics on our group text.  It's Anna sending a picture and video of QE at story time. (Story time at the park because it's California.  Show offs.)

During my prep, I enlisted my BYU teacher to help me organize the biome articles my class is going to be reading for a project.  I handed her my stapler.  She said, "I feel like a real teacher!  A stapler!"

It is a really good stapler, but the shine does kind of wear off of the shuffling of papers.  I felt a little cheered by her enthusiasm though.

Tiny things can delight.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails