Pages

Friday, February 23, 2024

Grateful Friday

Hello from the fraction trenches.  We are in deep.  After a lesson that didn't go well, I plopped myself down in a chair across from Jamie's desk and we talked it out.  She gave me an idea to have the students compare different representations of fractions on number lines and see which was correct.  The comparing makes them think more critically.

I devised an assignment with 5 questions and had random answers correct.  I randomly assigned which of my kids answered which way.

My students were SUPER engaged.  They were delighted to report back to me which of my kids are good at fractions.


One of them said, "I think Braeden needs to go to summer school."

Since Braeden just officially became a PhD candidate and he's preparing to teach a college course next quarter, I think he's a bit busy for summer school, but maybe he can squeeze it in....

I was grateful for the idea.  I need all the help I can get in so many ways to mix it up and add interest and opportunities for them to discuss.  

The opportunity to create the lesson plan, the angle, the how can I get through to them is so exciting to me.

Yesterday I read them the book, The Magical Power of Yet.

I'm grateful that just like them, I get to keep trying.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails