Pages

Monday, February 5, 2024

Weekend

Friday evening, Adam and I went to Boys in the Boat.  We had both read, and loved, the book and it was good to go to our beloved little Water Gardens theater to watch it.  We met there so I bought the tickets and waited for Adam in the lobby even though there was no one to actually show the tickets to.  They very much work on the honor system at Water Gardens and I love them for it.

We went to Kneaders for French dip sandwiches afterward and yes, we are loving the empty nest life.

Saturday we did all the Saturday things and as a bonus, got to have lunch with Marianne and 3/4 of her girls: Clarissa, Liberty and Carolina.

Marianne insisted on buying our lunch and I said that I would have to stop inviting myself to crash her party unless she stopped buying me food. 

She promised she would.

It was wonderful to spend a little time with them.  

I forgot that I wanted to go to JoAnn Fabrics for more embroidery floss.  We also forgot a cucumber when we went to Winco earlier, so we were going to get some.

We were talking to Braeden in the car while we drove and I said, "I'm going to leave you talking to your dad while I go into JoAnn's."

Braeden said, "I feel bored now just knowing you are going there."

You never met anyone who hated a craft store more, except maybe Mark.  

We stopped by Walmart for the cucumber and bought several other things and forgot the cucumber.

These are the times we are living in.

I taught Sunday School on Sunday and was nervous, but it went OK.  The Book of Mormon is way more of a comfort zone than the Old Testament.  

I'll tell you that for free.

We had our kids and Clarissa and Lili over for dinner.  It was a good time as always.  I shared some of my lesson with them and Mark gave us an involved presentation about pizza he had given for a work function.

Basically coming to our house is like coming for a TED talk.


2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Thank you for being Lili's family away from home!

Anonymous said...

Did you like the movie?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails