Pages

Friday, February 16, 2024

Grateful Friday


 This was my Valentine from one of my sweet students.  Give me a homemade scotch-taped present and it makes my day.  That is all.

We went from a rainy inside recess morning to a sunny afternoon.  But...my classroom stayed 72 degrees all day long!

That's something to be grateful for!

Lunch recess was cold, just like every recess in February.  My new student, fresh from Colombia, is not a big fan of the cold.  She kept trying not to go to recess.  Then I realized how very thin her coat is.  It's like what you would wear on a sunny day in April when you may or may not need a coat, but a light jacket feels kind of good anyway.

I emailed Katie, because I know enough to know to email Katie, who is our amazing community outreach coordinator.  Within minutes, she came to my classroom with a warm brand new, tags still on coat.  I sent my students' parents a message (through an app we have that translates) to let them know that I was sending home a coat she could keep. 

I wish you could have seen her face.  She was so happy and so grateful and I had to keep it together so my own gratitude at being able to give her a warm coat didn't come out my eyes.  I put her lightweight and also way too big coat over the top of the new one to send her out the door to go home.  She squirmed in delight of the rapturous warmth of it all.  

I'm grateful that we have a mini family reunion this weekend.  My parents, Geri, Braeden, Anna and QE are all coming.  

Finally today, I'm grateful for Adam.  My Valentine.  I love how thoughtful and stalwart and good and funny and helpful and generous and smart he is.  

I love when I talk to one of our kids about him and they say, "Well, you know Dad.  He will...."

And it's always something good.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails