Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

It's Over



I apologize in advance for once again writing a letter to an inanimate object. My brain has become addled from lack of sunlight.

Dear Snow,

It's over. Stick a fork in me because I'm done with you.

In December you were pretty. You were welcome. You brought seasonal charm. Christmas carols sound more merry with you as the backdrop. Even back then you stayed too long though.

Now you are soul robbing. You are like an unwelcome visitor that won't leave. It's March. March! And you are in the Puget Sound. Remember the Puget Sound? Where it rains?



You may think you're winning. Sure you thwarted me in my plan today because my scaredy-cat van wouldn't go up the hill in the snow but only slip and slide. You think it's funny and ironic because I was heading out to buy Emma some sandals. Yes, go ahead and laugh, I was buying sandals.

But I know something you don't know. We're going to Southern California, away from your icy fingers. And we're going soon.

So snow away.

Besides, you prompted Mark to don these before going outside to play.



Guess who got the last laugh?

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I noticed that there was snow comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails