Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Mark: My Guru

Don't be fooled by his grubby hands and mischievous eyes. My Mark is a wise sage.

Every time I download pictures onto my computer, there are 5-10 pictures like this on the camera:



They're taken by Mark. He's a prolific Lego builder. He knows from sad experience the fleeting existence of his creations and he takes a picture.

Here's the first bit of wisdom I can learn from Mark: document your work.

Don't be surprised if I start taking pictures of my laundry when it's folded, my dishes when they're washed and my floor after it's vacuumed. These are also fleeting. (And I'd include a picture now but none of those things are done...)

Here's the second gem of wisdom Mark bestowed today.

He was waxing long about Star Wars The Clone Wars while we were driving in the van. I've discovered if I let Mark play on the Star Wars website while we're having silent reading time every afternoon, silent reading time will remain...silent.

I'm smart like that.

Mark was telling Emma all about what he'd seen and Emma with all the patience of a self centered 10 year old sighed deeply and told him that she doesn't LIKE Star Wars. It is all about fighting and there is no point.

Mark said, "Emma, you know the best thing to do when Star Wars is bugging you?"

She said, "What?"

"Deal. With. It."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny...made me laugh. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails