Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

An Adventure

According to google maps we are 52.1 miles from home.  I am writing from a darkened hotel room.  We are certainly close enough to home that we don't need a hotel room here in lovely Burlington, WA but we are here for the adventure.

We are going to Vancouver, B.C. today and to the Vancouver Aquarium.  We decided to add a hotel into the mix.

Adam got us two rooms...one for the kids and one for us.  Our room came with a whirlpool.  Adam asked me how much I loved him.  My answer: a lot.

I am such a wimp in a hotel room though.  The uncomfortable bed really takes the shine off the whole supposed luxury of the event.  The jetted whirlpool was great--I partook of its glory while everyone else went swimming last night in the hotel pool.  It's our habit.  They swim, I find a comfortable spot to read.  

Back to the bed though.  I didn't sleep well.  At 5:00 I abandoned the hope and took my book back to the whirlpool tub.

I don't know what's wrong with me.  Has my supremely comfortable foam mattress at home spoiled me for the rest of my life?  Is this mattress really that bad or is it me?  Is this how the princess in The Princess and the Pea felt?  These are the questions one asks during a sleepless night.

One bad night will not spell the end of good times though.  I just got a phone call from Mark.  (Mark with the sketchy phone skills.)  Our children are all awake.  Adam's in the shower and we'll soon head to our continental breakfast destination.


Mark's not the only one calling though...I hear the siren song of adventure...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails