Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Come and Gone

My mom and dad and grandma came.

We ate fish and chips at Pyramid Alehouse (we didn't have any ale.)

We surveyed flood damage.



This is the view from my front door. There is normally a field there, not a lake.

My mom and grandma taught Emma to crochet (because I can't).


My dad played with electricity with my sons (because I can't).


We posed for a new picture for my parents' living room since Mark's a toddler in the current one.


We attended church and Braeden's ordination.

We had a big dinner with both sides of our family (my parents made the roast and gravy...because I can't).

We celebrated a twelfth birthday with cake...

chocolate cakes with mint frosting--the birthday boy's specifications.

And presents...


I took our guests back to the airport today.

I cried a little.

I came home and had my friend Stephanie work on my sciatic nerve which was woeful.

I think that's what she was doing...either that or trying to kill me.

It's amazing such a petite gentle person as Stephanie can make me writhe on her living room floor.

She fixed me though.

I took a nap for over an hour.

I have some catching up/laundry/school planning to do.

I didn't do any of it.

Here's hoping for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you had a good time, and understand about the let down after it's all over. Airport tears are so hard.

Loved the family picture.

Best of luck tomorrow!

Love
Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails