Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Afternoon


I watched a football game this afternoon.

That may or may not be a blog-worthy statement but I mention it for two reasons:

1. I can't remember the last time I watched an entire football game. I was thinking maybe when I was a freshman at BYU and cute boys like Adam were involved in the football game watching experience (I had season tickets with him and about 15 of our friends). Then I remembered we did go to the Yale-Harvard game for the cultural experience of it all.

And it was a cultural experience.

Limos dropped off alumni who had catered "tailgate" parties with linen tablecloths and napkins. There were women in fur coats and men in tweed jackets smoking pipes. Adam and I felt a little out of place in our Yale sweatshirts.


I don't know who this guy is but you get the idea...


I digress.

2. My cousin plays for the Atlanta Falcons who were in a play-off game today. Adam knows how to pause our TV (which seems like a strange feature but handy if you want to take a picture of your cousin).


He's the same height as my brothers but twice (three times?) as thick. He's also much more amiable in person than he looks in this picture.

The Falcons lost the game. (rats!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails