Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

What I Didn't Do

Today I didn't:

1-Put anything in my hair to make it less curly/frizzy (yikes)

2-Make my bed

3-Do any laundry

4-Teach my kids any school (besides what they could do on their own)

5-Wash any dishes

6-Read anything out loud

7-Get dressed

8-Cross anything off any list

9- Correct any school work

10-Call anyone on the phone

11-Leave my house

12-Exercise

13-Cook anything (unless you count the microwave)

14- Write an email to my family

15-Let any neighborhood children inside my home


Tonight I told Adam I was woefully bored and discouraged by what I didn't do.

He said what I didn't do didn't matter in the least.

I said, "Are you telling me what I do every day doesn't matter."

Adam (who is really smart and knows dangerous waters when he approaches them) said, "That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's OK to be sick. You can take a day--or two--or three--off and the world won't fly apart."

I said, "Thank you."

My throat hurts. I ache. My head, she may just explode.

And I've been the laziest person in America because tonight we have tickets to all go to Beauty and the Beast at the Village Theater.



I want to feel up to the challenge.

(I will try not to breathe on anyone.)

1 comment:

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

I'm so sorry you're sick, Thelma. Get to feeling better soon! And take all the time you need to veg and recover! You're entitled!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails