Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Starting Fresh

We finished our gingerbread houses:


We had our friends, the Jorgensens, over (sans those of them that went to the stake dance):


Mark retreated to our bed, deciding he didn't have waiting for the new year in him.


Then he came back downstairs with renewed energy because he remembered he wanted to drop the ball on his gingerbread house:


The houses were smashed to oblivion (in a cardboard box so the pieces were contained and good for eating):


Emma's room finally got clean but promptly made messy again. (sigh) Adam took this picture of the closet floor though. I'd forgotten there was a closet floor. I thought it was just a thick layer of Emma detritus.

While Janet cleaned up, I read a book to Britta (who got the best end of that deal?) It was about 1:00 a.m. I was as tired as I look.


And now the new year. I love it. I love taking down my Christmas decorations and packing them away for another year. I love an empty calendar full of promise.


There will be good and bad, happy and sad, in the year to come. I'm hopeful that the good will outweigh the bad. I will try to make the good around here better and the bad not as bad.

I will try.

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

What room is that--the one where you're reading to Britta? Your house is so cute!

Jennifer said...

Isaiah loves the ball-dropping-on-gingerbread-houses tradition, and wondered if he too could do that. I told him we needed to live next door to his creative Aunt Thelma & Uncle Adam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails