Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Bright Spot in My Life



Lately Mark has been making up scenarios (mostly involving Star Wars characters) that are "INpossible". He spends time coming up with complexities, telling them at length then demanding of us, "Isn't that INpossible? Wouldn't that be INpossible?"

Yes, Mark.

Sure.

Just don't change inpossible to impossible because I think it's cute.

This morning he ran up to me and pulled me away (literally, he's The One Who Can't Be Ignored) from the computer. "Mom, Mom, I have something HO-larious to tell you!" He started to tell me some story but I couldn't even understand it all because he'd crinkle up his nose with the smattering of freckles on it and giggle and fall back onto the futon in laughter.

"Isn't that HO-larious Mom?"

Yes, Mark.

Sure.

Before he started school this morning he had to "organize his desk" which trait he got from his Grandpa Linn which is endearing.

I wish he'd organize my desk.

During math, Mark said, "My brain is amazing!"

Later, under his breath he muttered, "I. Can. Not. Be. Stopped."



When it was time to read to him, I pulled out Sylvester and The Magic Pebble. Mark saw the Caldecott honor on the front and said, "This must be a good book because it has a congratulation on it. Books with congratulations are good ones."



Why the random sampling of why my boy delights me?

Because he brightens my day more than a rare sunny day in March (and if you live in the Northwest, you know what I mean).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thelma,
That last picture of Mark looks like Aunt Olivia. Your aunt, not his. Not the goofy expression but it looks like her.
Love, M

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails