Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Early this morning, Adam's dad passed away.

We weren't ready to say good-bye.

There is no way for me to adequately express it all but I have to send a cosmic thank you out to the world.

It is overwhelming. And started at 5:00 a.m. when I called Jim Park to substitute for Adam in early morning seminary. Who answers the phone at 5:00 a.m. and tells you it is no problem? The Parks. That's who.

You would not believe the calls, emails, prayers, phone messages, visits and let-me-know-what-I-can-do from people that really mean it.

When you combine the sheer goodness of Linn Davis with the sheer goodness of all these other people responding it is staggering.

Nearly every neighbor of Linn and Geri's came over, arms laden, hearts full. Thirteen year old Marcus from up the street who loves "Mr. Davis" with all his heart came over with a sad countenance and a gift basket as big as a small country.

I was marshaled today to field Relief Society calls. I speak the language. My sister-in-law's fiance wondered if he should start cooking. I don't think he was expecting the mobilization of sisters in zion. Oh, we had food. My brother-in-law's girlfriend who isn't a Mormon wondered about the funeral...would there be a potluck? Uh. No. The Relief Society will take care of it.

Really?

Really.

I wish I could corral each of those women who put their long-as-their-arm-to-do-list on hold to make soup, chocolate chip cookies, homemade rolls,and bring them over still warm. I wish I could corral them. Thank them. Throw my arms around them.

I talked to the compassionate service leader between picking up her kids from school and gymnastics. She's busy. I get that. She wanted to know whatever, whenever, however. She wanted to help.

I am grateful.

I am sad and have a head-ache as big as all outdoors.

But I am so very grateful.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Thelma. (((hugs)))

Olivia Cobian said...

This made me cry. We are praying for you all.

Susie said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about the passing of a dad, father-in-law and grandpa to your family. I know from his illness he is in a better happier place without pain. I hope you will be comforted and feel at peace. My prayers are with you my dear friend. Let me know if I can be at any service for you. XOXO

Gwilliam Fam said...

I love you Thelma. I was very shocked to read your blog and find out about Lyn. I just think of grandkids night and swimming each week and $100 for grandkids w/ red hair and the many other things you have mentioned to me on our random few talks every year or two. (I mean...he obviously played an important part in your families life or how would I know anything.) He seemed like such a wonderful grandfather and my heart goes out to Adam and his family as well. Big hugs to you, Adam and children.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails