Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Self Portrait

Today in art, Mark learned about self portraits.

We studied Henri Rousseau's:



And Judith Leyster's:


Then it was Mark's turn to draw his own. "Notice they're painters and they painted themselves holding paintbrushes and palettes," I pointed out to Mark.

Mark nodded. Contemplated.

This is what he drew:


Mark's explanation:

I made myself a Lego man because I like Legos and I have a light sabre. I also made you, Mom, with "I love Mark" on your shirt and Braeden with "I'm Awesome" and Emma with "Sweet".


Keep your Rousseau and Leyster.

I'll keep my Mark Davis original. With the fire engine red hair. And I Heart Mom on his shirt.

No wonder I spoil that kid.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's awesome, Thelma. A treasure for the days when he might not heart mom as much as other days. Isaiah loves the art assignments and I love to try to figure out the things he comes up with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails