Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Release

Last night I was an exhausted emotional heap. Today I feel a calm center inside of me. Less anxious. More at peace.

Yesterday were the memorial services for my dear father-in-law. It was a bittersweet, emotional, spiritually uplifting day.

My main emotion throughout the day was that of gratitude.

I am grateful for family, good friends, kind strangers and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that I have explanations for my children. I'm grateful that I have peace for my heart.

I have never felt closer to my good mother-in-law, my funny and sweet brothers-in-law, my strong sisters-in-law, my affectionate nieces and nephews. We're a family. Solidified in our grief, in our grasping for comfort, in our commitment to be there for each other.

And I can't imagine Linn would want it any other way.

Grandpa's Boys




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails