Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Books

In the past, when I've seen books arranged chromatically I've thought it was a little crazy.  Who would do that?  My books have always been arranged by type and genre so I can find what I'm looking for.

Then I noticed something.

I'd walk into stores that were monochromatic (there's one in Snohomish and I love it!) and it would make my heart skip.  Color is powerful.  And since I have a lot of books, I have a lot of color to play with around here.  (Besides, they all needed to be dusted anyway.)  Yesterday afternoon, I moved some books around.

I snapped some pictures because who knows how long it will last.

Some black in the living room:

double rows...see?  a lot of books


Some blue--and red, always red-- in the school room:


Some white in the school room:


Some earthy tones in our bedroom:


A few rainbows (requisite when you live in a rainy place, don't you think?):




And my favorite, some neutral monochrome goodness:


It didn't take long and it was free and it makes me happy.  What more could I want?

Last night I told Adam that all my rearranging keeps our brains sharp.

He said, "Like a tack."

He said it in a tone like, a tack we have to constantly step on but I'm pretty sure he's thanking me on the inside for the contribution I'm making to agility and adaptability in his brain.

You're welcome, family.  I do it all for you.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow! That almost makes me want to do it. It is beautiful!

Olivia Cobian said...

Lovely idea. I like the rainbows best.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails