Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Winding down

In much the same way that I've lost the ability to stay up late, I've lost the ability to sleep in.  (I've actually never been too good at either pursuit, but now I'm worse.)  I wilt about 10:00 p.m. and my eyes pop open before 6:00 a.m.  I am not happy about this.

That's beside the point though. 

The past few mornings, I've noticed that while it's not exactly dark when I wake up in the morning, it's not exactly light either.  I love summers in the north.  We have an abundance of light.  In the winter, well, you know.

Also, yesterday I went to Cub Scout Day camp with Mark and Emma (she helped in the Tag a Longs taking care of the cute younger children whose parents were volunteering at camp).  I spent the day with Mark and chatted with Emma frequently throughout the day.  Braeden stayed home. 

I missed him.  It reminded me that way too soon he'll be gone every day all day.  And here's the thing:  I really like that kid. 

The clincher that made me feel like I was trying to hold summer in my grasp and it was being wrenched out from under me?

My calendar is filling up.  Last night I entered "Back to School Night" into the calendar on my phone. 

I don't want to be busy.  I don't want to have a bunch of evening activities (except for the ones I like!).  I don't want summer to end!

Apparently, that doesn't matter.

So, in an effort to soothe my troubled soul:

-- sweaters
-- hot chocolate
-- pumpkins
-- tights and boots and wool skirts
-- apples
-- gingerbread
-- scarves
-- hot apple cider
-- autumn leaves
-- school with Mark
-- squash

(it's helping...)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ahhh, I'm looking forward to fall already! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails