Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sad sigh

I asked them why they were making the signs for P and G.  They said, "It's GP."  As in their high school GPHS.  Oh.
If I'm posting early today, it's because I was up early.  Too early.  My mind was spinning.  Last night, Adam told me I've been "surprisingly calm."  This morning I'm feeling calm-ish.  But also I feel the bittersweet melancholy that is parenting.  My big kids have gone.  They were excited and buoyant and I am excited for them.  Their bright personalities and hopes and dreams light up the day.



Emma has to lug her swim stuff around all day.  Tomorrow she'll have to carry her big backpack too.  Good thing she's strong.

And they're gone.

Emma was yelling good-bye out the window and Braeden gave a little honk of the horn and I called out drive carefully all at the same time.
Sigh.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

What cute back-to-schoolers you have!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails