Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Pausing to appreciate

A few days ago I had a sore throat and no energy.  Then yesterday, I felt a lot better.  I zipped around cleaning bathrooms and baking bread and folding laundry and I was grateful for my health.  It's nice to have reminders of good stuff.

We've had a few (misplaced!  It's supposed to be sunny in September around here and the sky has been malfunctioning) rainy days and I know more are to come.  Yesterday the sun shone.

I love me a little sunshine.  Here's a poem by Valerie Worth that Mark and I read in school.

sun

The sun
Is a leaping fire
Too hot
To go near,

But it will still
Lie down
In warm yellow squares
On the floor

Like a flat
Quilt, where
The cat can curl
And purr.

I love the red star that hangs in my window.  Janet gave it to me and it glows on the floor when the sun hits it.

I liked the poem because I love squares of sunshine on the floor.  We don't have a cat but maybe Horace can enjoy the sun.

My two older busy kids are seldom here.  It makes me appreciate Mark all the more.  I was entering my grocery list on my phone.  He sat across the table from me and made faces.  He said he was having a staring contest with my camera.




He's a little strange but to me it is the perfect amount of strange.

I love my days with him.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Who won the staring contest?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails