Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Sprucing up

I haven't traded summer for autumn around here--yet--but I have been making a few changes.  A few facelifts.

Last week Adam came home to this:


He wondered why I would do this the week school started.  (He had been present in the moments when my panic was reaching fever pitch.)  I just shrugged at him--because that's enough of an explanation for him.  He gets me.   I think though that I pulled out my paintbrushes because I was feeling unsettled otherwise.  It's nice to have something creative to do in times of anxiety.

As Enoch helpfully pointed out, I'm not good at before and after pictures.  There's nothing in my personality that would make me good at before and after pictures.  Here's my feeble attempt though.

My table (a few summers ago, when I had a different rug...and I still had that calendar.  I miss that calendar.):


Here's how it looks now:


It looks white but it's not.  It's the blue gray color of the living room.  I had extra paint.

Here's a desk in our school room.



 We had three and I took two of them down.  With one of the desks, I made this:


Mark and Gavin advised me in distressing the wood.  I used moss in my backyard.  If you have moss in your backyard and want to distress something, it works.

Here's the end table:


Here's after. (I know, Enoch.  I know.)

I put actual antiquing glaze on the table rather than moss...
I also got a new pillow:

it seemed encouraging somehow when you live in Seattle...
And then, probably my favorite switch of all, even Pinkie Pie got a facelift:



Simple changes making me happy...

1 comment:

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

I love all your changes! You are so creative! I always love coming into your house. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the phone cover!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails