Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

How I know Mark loves school

Adam and Mark bought a new pocketknife.  (Adam paid, Mark cajoled it into happening.)  There is not a stick of wood in a three mile radius that is safe because it turns out Mark loves to carve.

Here are some of the things he's been working on.  They're all weapons of one sort or another.  The rectangular stick in the middle?  One of the slats freed from Braeden's bed so he can straighten his legs.  So if needed, Mark can indeed turn our furniture into weaponry.  Good to know.  (Although I'm not sure how effective the slat-with-the-varnish-shaved-off would be in battle.)

This picture doesn't show the recent addition of a scatter of wood shavings.  Last night Adam said it looked like we have a beaver in the backyard.

I called him in from his workshop for school.  He sat down to do his handwriting and pulled the knife out of his pocket to set on the desk.  I picked it up and said, "You can get suspended for having a knife at school."

He brightened, "Really?  Great!  Can I have it back then?"

Come on, Mark.  Tell me how you really feel.  Do you enjoy school?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails