Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Something we can count on

When we have sampled much and have wandered far and have seen how fleeting and sometimes superficial a lot of the world is, our gratitude grows for the privilege of being part of something we can count on—home and family and the loyalty of loved ones. We come to know what it means to be bound together by duty, by respect, by belonging. We learn that nothing can fully take the place of the blessed relationship of family life. 
- Thomas S. Monson

I saw that quote on Facebook.   I love when people post uplifting things on Facebook.  I love President Monson too.

And I love the concept of families.

I love how Adam understands me and is OK with whatever kind of crazy I turn out to be.  I love the enrichment my children add to my life.  I love that Braeden and Emma are thrilled to both be in high school together.  I told Braeden that Emma was lucky to have him as a new freshman starting out at a huge new school.  He said, "Are you kidding?  I'm lucky to have her!  I've been waiting for this day."  They have good friends but good friends (sadly) come and go with geographic and life changes but siblings stay.

I love how Mark wants a million kisses every day.  

I love my family I grew up in too.  We decided we can't go to Nevada next weekend like we were planning.  Too much life going on around here.  I am sad.  Some of my family members totally understand and say they'd do the same thing in my place.  Some don't and are downright argumentative.  Both reactions make me feel really loved.

I have seen first hand the way siblings rally around each other in times of trouble and that is a blessing.  To everyone involved.  (I've been on the receiving end of the help too.)

I love the family Adam grew up in.  They tolerate the ways I'm different than them and they hold each other up as well.  I love to see my children interacting with their grandma and aunts and uncles in real ways.

Families are where it's at.  They are indeed a privilege. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails