Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The awesome that is Emma

One of my favorite things about Emma are the notes she writes.  I find them diverse places and they delight me.  She always acts a little surprised when I comment to her about the notes...like she didn't write them for any intended audience.

For example, Emma found one of the protective papers that comes in the greeting cards I send for my nieces' and nephews' birthdays (when I remember...I have a lot of nieces and nephews).  She altered the paper and it cracks me up every time I see it:

 

Emma thinks it's weird that I still have this paper but I think she's weird that she even wrote it so we're even.

Plus it makes me laugh.

Mark read Call it Courage for school. The cover looks like this:


Because Mark is one of my children and therefore unable to not leave things lying around,  Emma came across the book and attached a sticky note to it.  On the sticky note she wrote:
You know, sometimes people are all like, "Yo Mafatu, what makes you so buff and legit?  Is it your dog?  Your spear? Your mad skills?"  And I'm like, "Well people say a lot of stuff, they call it a whole lot of things, but me? I call it COURAGE."
Braeden showed it to me and we both laughed.

Emma said, "It's not that funny."

The fact that Emma is mystified that we think her random little cleverness-es are funny is maybe my favorite part.  Sorry to brag, but she is awesome.  And she's my daughter.  I sort of won the lottery here.  


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

That's so funny. I love Emma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails