Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer

The bad news is having to set my alarm.  In the summer.  The good news is walking and talking with my friends while our kids have early morning swim team practice.

The bad news is swim towels in the laundry.  More and more swim towels.  The good news is the jumble of goggles, flip flops, towels and swimsuits.  It all equals summer.

The bad news is when the June gloom can't quite shed its June gloominess.  The good news is Northwest summer weather.  It is an ideal temperature.  I'm not hot, but my feet aren't cold.

The bad news is the slugs.  They've gone to town on my impatiens.  The good news is that I'm finally triumphing over them.  I added enough slug bait that there are carcasses everywhere.  Take that, slugs!

The bad news is that children with access to music producing devices play music really loudly.  Sometimes more than one child at the same time.  The good news is having children old enough to be good company + helpful.  (Without me asking him to, Braeden has been emptying the dishwasher before leaving for work.  It is more than a little startling.) The music producing devices also turn out to be a good thing too when I'm stuck waiting to get my oil changed and I can text with my kids for some entertainment.

The bad news is that a little over a week into it, summer vacation seems too short already.  The good news is that I am going to relish the light filled evenings, the blooming flowers and a pot of basil growing on my deck. Also, the berries.





 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails