Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Lucky girl 2

Tuesday and yesterday I was able to indulge in leisurely lunches with my friends.  Jill and Stephanie and I went to Ivar's for fish tacos; Janet and Stephanie and I went to Mod Pizza.  (Jill and Janet weren't both available on the same day.)

When I was a little girl and struggling with making friends, I wanted more than anything to have a Best Friend.  Just one and I would have been happy.  Now I have such terrific Best Friends.  I am sure I don't deserve them.  The only downside is how sad it is to leave them.

These are my friends.  We've laughed together and cried together, we've confided in and advised each other.  We've helped each other and cheered each other on; we have worked together and played together.  We have exercised together and successfully undone any benefits of that (besides the enjoyment) by eating together.  These are my friends.

I was very proud of myself yesterday because I had not cried all day.  Then Janet told me what she was serving at the going away party she was giving in Braeden's honor for his friends and I cried.  Because she knows what his favorite foods are.  It's one thing for your friends to know what you like, but when they know what your kids like too?  That's a friend!

The only way I can cope with leaving these friends behind is knowing we will see each other again and knowing we're the kind of friends that when we see each other again, it will be like no time has passed.

That and I'm pretty sure we'll all live in the same neighborhood in heaven.

We'll take walks together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails