Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Books I read in August 2014

So, did you hear? I moved in August.  I didn't...get much reading done.  To add further insult to my book injury, I have yet to get a library card in my new town.  Maybe tomorrow...

I only read ONE book in August, but it was a good one.


Attachments by Rainbow Rowell****

This was a romantic comedy and everything you would ever want in a romantic comedy.  The end.

(I'm not that interested in writing a book review today.)

In other news, Mark and I took a hike yesterday morning on the trail next to our house.  I've been wanting to since we got here but I haven't had the energy because of all the not reading/unpacking I've been doing.

It was gorgeous; I am in love.

First, we had to walk up through some sagebrush to get to the trail. I love me some sagebrush. Mark said, "This is the best of both worlds, sagebrush and civilization."

(For the record, I think sagebrush without civilization is pretty great too.)

Utah Lake in the distance

The temperature was even lovely.  A perfect cool morning with the promise of warm sun later.

We saw the most enormous quail I've ever seen.  It was in a tree.  I wish I could have seen how it got up there.  It was so fat, I don't know how it could fly.


Here's a close-up.

In case your life isn't complete without really fat quail pictures in it...


Mark and I talked about a quail's hairdo techniques as we walked back home to start school.  I snapped another picture when I saw our house in view.


Maybe I'm the luckiest girl in the world to live in such a beautiful place?  It made me happy for the rest of the day.

At least until the kids got home from school and Braeden was lonely and homesick and that hurts my heart... Also, it makes me feel less like the luckiest girl in the world and more like the sorriest mother.

Mark and I are heading out for another walk in a little while.  This time we'll meet Melanee, her mom who is visiting, and the cutest preschoolers in the county.

I think it will get our day off to a good start.

2 comments:

Geri said...

To think of our happy boy homesick makes me cry (which I haven't done in a week), but I know it will pass. Pictures are wonderful and your house looks hugh from that angle. Hugs and kisses to everyone.

Olivia Cobian said...

"I never wanted that mansion on the hill..."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails