Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Surreal

Our house is partway packed.  It's weird.  Nothing is on the walls, boxes line every room.  It is our house, but it isn't.  It is wonderful to have packers do the packing but I started helping them because I have a lot of excess nervous energy to burn.  Sitting around doing nothing is kind of like torture.  I have to do something or I'll start feeling too many feelings.

I have been surprised by how nice people are to us.  Not surprised that people are nice, I know they are...it's just that a lot of people are going out of their way to stop by with treats and to say good-bye.  It makes me feel loved.  And sad.  Saying good-bye is the worst.

Just a few more days in this strange land of boxes and then we'll be in an even stranger land of boxes.

I already knew moving is hard.  I've moved enough to know that.

This is the hardest move we've ever had.  I asked Adam why he thought that was the case.  He said it's the biggest move we've ever had.

But we moved to Connecticut and then back.  That was pretty big.

He pointed out we have a bigger LIFE now.  Bigger kids and deeper roots and WAY more stuff.

A ridiculous amount of stuff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails