Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

C'mon get happy

I read this familiar quote by Abraham Lincoln and have been mulling it over in my head (like I do).

Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.

Is that true?

That's what I've been wondering as I've gone about my daily round.  What about the things that are out of your control?

I know, if it's out of your control, don't worry about it.  But isn't that precisely what we do worry about?  The things out of our control?  If it's in my control, I don't worry.  I do something about it.

I have my work cut out for me, not worrying about things I can't control.

So, in the meantime you know what makes me happy?

For over two years I've been plugging in the vacuum in an outlet in the kids' bathroom, vacuuming that half of the upstairs and then switching it to the other side of the house. Yesterday I realized that if I plug in the vacuum in the hall outside my room it will reach the entire upstairs!

The world is just full of happy discoveries, am I right?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails