Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Staring down fears

The fears are a thing.  They mostly relate to my children.  Will they be safe?  Happy?  Productive?  Good?

Safe?

Oh, and safe?

I dream about my fears.  I have very specific and scary dreams.  I hash them out with Adam.  (I know, lucky guy.)

Fears are everywhere.  There are terrorists, mean kids, car accidents, people you used to trust.  All these threaten.

And I mostly keep them at bay.  I mostly just stand tall and forge ahead.  I try.

It's comforting when you are able to conquer a fear.  Conquer it with a vengeance.

I recently learned a new word:


I am happy to report I am not plagued by abibliophobia.  I have found an antidote.  And it is a 24 page single spaced word document.  I add to it all the time, subtract frequently.  It is a list of books I want to read.  It's like a security blanket and I love it.

Recently I was reformatting it and Adam helped me because he is a wizard and can do magic on the computer.

He said, "There are a lot of books on this list."

Yes.  Yes, there are.

One fear, down.  

(Now if I could figure out a way to banish the presidential election....)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails