Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

A lot of sports for a drama mama

Friday Mark and I went to Provo High School to watch Adam referee.  I'm not exactly a supportive wife when it comes to watching Adam referee.  Or maybe I'm too supportive.  I get mad when people yell at him.

He doesn't.

He can separate people yelling at Adam and people yelling at the referee.

I can't.

Anyway.

Mark and I went to watch.  Provo was playing Timpanogos.  Mark immediately decided he was rooting for Timpanogos, so I decided I was on Provo's side.  I reasoned that I used to live right by the school (which is next to BYU).

It is fun to go to a basketball game with Mark.  (It's fun to do a lot of stuff with Mark.)  We weren't super interested in the game but made lots of side comments.

For example, one of the cheerleaders' (who were tiny girls with enormous white bows on their heads) favorite chants was, "We are Pro-vo."

Mark thought that was helpful for people that are color blind.  Just keep everyone on the same page.

At one point the Timpanogos coach was unhappy and summoned Adam over to the bench.  Because Adam is completely unflappable and doesn't get sucked into any angst players or coaches have, he just kind of said nah, I'm good to the coach and kept refereeing.  It cracked me up.  I had been giving Braeden and Emma a running narration of our happenings, like you do, so I texted them about it.  They were slightly more confrontational than Adam:


This is why Adam is a referee and the rest of us aren't.

(That and we don't know all the rules.)

After the game we ate dinner (5 Star BBQ, Mark got ribs so all was right with the world) then went to the BYU men's volleyball game.  It was fun and lively even though BYU lost.

Mark bought a cougar tail (an enormous maple bar) and a little girl in front of him was definitely giving him the stink eye the entire time.  I guess she wanted some too.

Saturday we went to the BYU women's basketball game.  It was also a lot of fun but BYU lost that game too.

I got to see Stephanie, chat just a tiny bit and give her a hug so it was time well spent.

We didn't watch the Super Bowl.  I think I had met my quota for sporting events.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails