Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

One of these kids is not like the other

Saturday we ran errands for ten thousand hours and also went to the high school play matinee.  (Into the Woods!  Loved it!) When we finally got home from all of that, Adam and Mark went to help someone move and Adam and Mark installed a new microwave (I don't want to talk about it).  Except.  I'm glad we have Mark.  The whole thing made me nervous (something about heavy objects hovering above my glass cooktop) and Adam would ask me to do something while he was holding the microwave aloft and I'd look at him sort of helpless and call for Mark, who has dexterity and an innate sense of how things work.

Finally I told Mark he needed to stay there.  I pointed out (not for the first time) that we were installing a new microwave because of him.  Stay and help.  So he did.

Because of the myriad delays, we sat down to eat dinner in the 10:00 hour.  Which gave me a headache.  Me + not eating on time = headache.

On his way over to the table, I asked Adam to bring the Advil.

"Um, where is it kept?" Adam asked.

And that made me laugh out loud.

Braeden, Emma and Mark and I?  We're Advil takers.  When one of us has a headache and hasn't had Advil, someone else will invariably ask, "What family were you raised in?"

The kids know I always have Advil in my purse.  This is just basic safety.

But Adam doesn't know where we keep the Advil.

Mark said it's because he's stronger than the rest of us.  Truth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails