Pages

Friday, February 16, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I'm grateful for a vacation and mostly the people I get to share it with.

Adam:

We are joining Adam on a business trip to Florida.  He is the author of all adventures.  He tells me about upcoming opportunities with a little twinkle in his eye.  He figures out all the logistics and works magic with airline miles and hotel reservations and then we're on our way.

Braeden:

He and Emma are flying separately from the rest of us and I'm grateful for his sunny disposition that will make a red-eye flight more bearable.  I'm grateful for his willingness and in fact enthusiasm to ask questions of people when he needs assistance. (Emma and I don't like talking to people.  The end.)  Finally, I'm grateful he's big.  It makes me not worried about his sister traveling across the country.

Emma:

Emma is the Disney World guru.  She has made sure we all have the app.  She secured us all fast passes.  She's read all the things so she understands how it works.  She even has a friend who used to work at Disney World who gave her some insider tips.  Also, when Braeden and Emma land in Orlando, bleary eyed from a red-eye flight, she'll be the one to inherently know how to use the Uber app.  The girl has app skills.

Mark:

Like youngest children everywhere, Mark will have the least expected of him but he'll also get the worst bed.  He'll be entertaining and make everyone laugh.  He'll be the first one in line to eat but also to carry all the things.  He and I will spend a few days together after the BYU kids fly home for class.  He'll be the brilliant side kick he always is (or maybe I'm his side kick--I'm never sure) and he'll be good company when he and I fly home together the day before Adam does.

As for my role in all of this?  I just obsessively plan and overthink and I'm going to make sure I have lots of snacks.  Always.  The difference between family harmony and crankiness is usually the snacks.

Let the adventure begin!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Have fun! I'll miss you!

Olivia Cobian said...

Have a wonderful time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails