Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Epcot and Emma turns 19



Buckle up for some digital scrapbooking for the next few days.

Last Friday, Adam and Mark and I flew to Orlando.  I like it there.  I love seeing palm trees and my skin loved the humidity.

My hair did too.

We went to Walmart first thing, like you do, for provisions and a birthday cupcake for Emma the next morning.  (She never did eat it--Mark did eventually though.)

None of us slept well and we were going to have our big kids, on the red-eye flight, take an Uber to the hotel (Do you take an Uber or do you take Uber or is Uber a verb, like google?  I don't get out much), but Adam decided it would be more efficient if he just went and picked them up at the airport.  So he didn't get much sleep at all.

Braeden and Emma laughed at my stumbling staggering self when they got there.  I wanted to hug them, especially the birthday girl, but I was pretty out of it.

We all attempted a little more sleep and then on to Epcot.

Braeden promised us that the power of Disney would sustain us.


This is one of the only pictures of all five of us from the trip.

I was really glad that I was able to spend the entire day with my birthday girl:



She is awesome at figuring out systems and she had fastpasses on lock.  We relied on her for our itinerary and she did not disappoint.  In addition to that she was funny and pleasant (despite the exhaustion) and I realized this is my grown up girl:  grown up Emma is wonderful.  I worry about her while she's at BYU.  She strives to be so independent and I want to help her more.  Spending a few days with her made me realize that grown up Emma will be just fine.

I love that girl!

We enjoyed Epcot.



We did a color activity where you use these red, green, and blue levers to try to duplicate a color shown.  Mark, the one who's color blind was maybe the best at it.


 When you say look over here and this is what happens....



At the Space Training Center there was a sign that said, Expectant mothers should not ride.

Braeden said:  You're OK though, Mom.  You have really low expectations.

When the lens popped out of Emma's sunglasses.
There were spurts of water that seemed to jump from pad to pad.  Little kids were playing in them, trying to avoid the water.  A few big kids did too (although they didn't seem to be avoiding the water).



The manatees were fun to watch and I had no idea that a diet of Romaine lettuce could make something that fat.


We liked visiting the different country exhibits.

This building looked a lot like the restaurant where Emma and I ate our last night in Paris.

Everyone loved the Japan exhibit.  Braeden said, "Did anyone else notice that United States is keeping Japan separate from the other Axis powers?"  The order was Germany, Italy, United States, then Japan.

A topiary panda in China

Topiary Captain Hook and Peter Pan in England
I think my favorite country to visit was Mexico.  It was inside and dark so the pictures don't do it justice.




In Norway we ran into the Noll family who used to live in Seattle and were in our ward.  They live in Florida now and we live in Utah and there we all were in Norway.  It was fun to see them.

The amount of drinking in Epcot surprised me.  It was basically a pub crawl from country to country. Not really our scene.

According to Adam's phone, we walked about 10 miles.  Coupled with the lack of sleep, it was quite the day.

This is what tired Davises look like:



Adam took these pictures so he's not in them.  So Braeden took this picture of him:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! I missed you!!

Gwilliam Fam said...

I'm exhausted just imagining this trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails