Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Some emails

Some of these were intended for me and some weren't.  What can I say?  My inbox entertains me.

It doesn't matter how many times I unsubscribe from Democratic National Committee emails.  I somehow get signed back up.  By "somehow" I mean that someone who thinks my email address is theirs signs me up again.

Most of the emails are from Nancy Pelosi.  She's a tenacious woman, not to be deterred by me unsubscribing.  She also has high highs and low lows.  She's usually either livid or thrilled.  And she always wants money.



I ordered flowers from this company and I love the myriad chances they've given me here to use my credit.  They may be the company that cries wolf but I'm not going to tell them how to live their life.


FamilySearch sent me this:



They were talking specifically about my Grandma and Grandpa Egbert.  I appreciate the heads up from FamilySearch, but in addition to getting married in Utah myself, all my siblings except one, my parents, both sets of grandparents, all four sets of great-grandparents and all eight sets of great, great-grandparents were married in Utah.

I feel like FamilySearch wasn't even trying with that hint.

On every door of Mark's school they have had signs saying that they will not be accepting deliveries from parents for Valentine's Day.  I have also received multiple emails with the same warning:

PGJH Announcements:
**Valentines Day.  To minimize the interruption of classroom instruction, our school will not be accepting outside deliveries for students on Valentines Day, this includes deliveries from florists.  Please do not bring or send valentine items to the Front Office to have delivered to a student. 


It would never occur to me in a million years to have a "valentine item" or flowers delivered to my 15 year old son.

Who are these people that needed the warning?  Whoever they are, my hat's off to them.

Finally here's an email not intended for me that made me happy all the same:



If I ever need foot surgery, I'm going to Niceville.  It just seems...nice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails