Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Nineteen

When I asked her why she was wearing her hood for the picture she said, "I didn't choose the thug life, Mom.  The thug life chose me."

Amidst all the everything Emma's birthday celebration was a little segmented.  Sunday we celebrated at home though.  She likes cherry chip cake and the only place to find a cherry chip cake mix is Ridley's which is a sort of ghetto grocery store around here.  Saturday Adam and I went and I bought three mixes.  "Do you need three?" Adam asked.

You never know.

Here are nineteen things I love about my girl:

1-She knew I had a cold and called me from the store to see if she could bring me juice.  She's a caretaker.

2-I don't know anyone who can rock lipstick like she can.



3-She is loyal to her friends.

4-She figures things out.  It makes me feel confidence in her.  She'll get it eventually, whatever it is.  She'll get it.

5-She listens.  You're not always sure she listens because no one tells her what to do, but she's listening all along.

6-She's super funny.

7-She's super weird.

8-She gets some things about me that no one else gets on the same level.

9-She has beautiful handwriting.

10-I love the songs she writes and then plays and sings on her guitar.

11-I love to watch her sing because she sings with her whole soul.

12-She has a symbiotic relationship with her brothers.  They take care of each other in different ways.

13-I love the ways she is like Adam.  She's smart and insightful and adept at technology and systems like he is.

14-Injustice makes her angry and she's not going to let it slide.

15-She loves art and philosophy and beautiful things.

16-When she shares her secrets with you, you feel like you won the lottery.

17-She can be counted on.  She does what she says she'll do.

18-Winnie the Pooh is her spirit animal.



19-She is a complicated blend of sweet and sassy and standoffish and loving and self-deprecating and confident and easy going and ready to set the world on fire.  I'm glad she's my girl!




2 comments:

Sister Johnson said...

Love you Emma! This is Sister Johnson's mom.

Olivia said...

I love that Emma girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails