Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

Brothers

Thursday night Mark went with the youth to Provo to do baptisms at the temple.  After, they went to the Creamery which is steps away from Braeden's apartment.

So Mark texted his brother.  Braeden joined him and they called to see if Mark could stay and go to the men's basketball game with Braeden.  Braeden said he would drive Mark home later.  I said OK and have him home by 10:00 (school night).  Adam offered to go pick Mark up but Braeden wanted to drive Mark home so they could spend more time together.

They texted this picture:

That's one of Braeden's roommates, Ben, on the other side of Mark and I don't know what Mark is wearing because he left home in a white shirt and tie.  He borrowed it from Braeden?




Then Emma texted, "Why are you hanging out without me?"

Both boys texted her to come and join them and she answered, "I'm actually busy."

They rolled in around 10:30 and I said, "Wow, is it 10:00 already?"

Braeden said, "In my defense, I said I would have him home by 10:00-ish."

And I didn't really care that much, just like they knew I wouldn't, so there's another reason why I shouldn't write parenting books.  I was already in bed and had been looking forward to going to bed early but the boys climbed onto the bed and the four of us talked and Mark made us laugh so hard that I cried.  I kept saying I was going to sleep and they would make a move to leave but we'd start talking again and the problem with entertaining sons is that they're entertaining even when you want to go to sleep.  Finally we said a prayer together and I said goodnight for real this time.  They tumbled out the door, laughing and talking and I love those two.

And I love that they love each other.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails