Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

For when I am in a ratty mood

I came home from work basically mad at the world.  I don't know why.  It is a confluence of a million little frustrations that one at a time are not that big of deal at all.

The best way to turn my frown upside is to be grateful.  Rapid fire, here is a list.

I am healthy.
I have enough to eat.
I have a comfortable and safe place to sleep.
I have internet access.
I have clean water to drink.
I have hot water, just have to turn on a tap!
I have electricity and can light up a room with a switch.
I have a car that runs.
I have friends.
I have Adam.
I have children who I love.
I have QE.  That's enough for the whole list.
There is beautiful music to listen to.
I have a whole shelf of books.
I have a job I like.
I have Clarissa to walk with.
I can go to the chiropractor.
Trees are blossoming.
It is not snowing; it is warm.
I have parents and siblings and in-laws and nieces and nephews.
I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I have temple covenants that seal me to the people I love most.
I have memories.
I have things to look forward to.
I have Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime so I have stuff to watch.
I have lots of plants that make me happy.
I have a washer and dryer and dishwasher.
I have a cell phone and a computer.
I can hear music and birds.
I can taste and smell delicious things.
I can see colors and trees and flowers and sunsets and mountains.

I really have a pretty amazing life.  I shouldn't come home from work mad at the world, or even a little cranky.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m honored to be on your gratitude list. I am also so grateful to walk with you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails