Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Field Day

It was hot--for May, not hot for July--but the kids were pretty happy because there were a lot of water games.  My field day in elementary school was me coming in dead last in every race and this is much better.  They go around to stations and play fun games.  

It is exhausting though--for the kids and the teachers.  The aides run the stations mostly and some of them are timid and soft spoken and I have to muster my teacher voice.  A lot.

I took a bunch of pictures in preparation for our end of year class slideshow (it's always heavy on end of year pictures because I remember to take more pictures).  I was looking at the pictures and I can't get over the mountains.


What a beautiful place to live with Mt. Timpanogos looming over everything.

The end of field day is a kickball game between the teachers and the 6th graders.  I didn't play.  My students asked me why not.  I said, "I don't want to."

It's a great thing about being an adult.  You never have to play kickball if you don't want to.

The 6th graders are low key obnoxious all year, getting more obnoxious at the end of the year.  

The teachers trounced them.  I was sitting next to the speech teacher with third graders spread out around me on the grass.  She said, "Do you think the teachers should go a little easy on the students?"

I said, "Nah.  It will prepare them for junior high."

Maybe in September or October the teachers would have been more merciful.  By May, I think it is go time.  

Also, several of the teachers picked designated runners (the fastest 5th grade boys) which helped their cause.

So another field day is in the books!  The last week of school is as exhausting as it is fun.  1/5 finished!


1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

I loved it when you said, "I can't get over the mountains." It would be hard to get over that mountain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails