Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Dance festival

Adam and Mark both ended up coming to the dance festival!  It was great to have them.  My students were especially excited by Mark.  Mark wrote on my whiteboard that he is Mrs. Davis's favorite child and they all demanded to know if that was true.

I said, "He's in the top three for sure."

They said obvious things to him like, "You have curly hair!"

The dance festival was fun.  It's a culmination of a lot of work and also a celebration of letting students shine in different ways.  

Here's my class:


What I wish you could see were their enormous grins when they made the parachute balloon that much!  It took cooperation and them paying attention and it was HARD FOUGHT.  But we did it!

Here's a screen shot of the video Mark took of me drumming in our faculty dance.  I'm on the other side on a blue drum so you can't really see me, but I'm OK with that.  


It was my idea to put the "drums" in rainbow order.  Rainbows forever!

I took the top picture in the morning and Mark's picture was in the afternoon.  We had some clouds move in, but it was still hot.  I had an umbrella and several students huddled around me to get a little shade. (In fact, that umbrella in the picture is mine and some of my students are under it.)

Things are wrapping up!  Tomorrow we clean out desks.  May the odds be forever in our favor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails