Pages

Friday, May 12, 2023

Grateful Friday

If one more person tells me that I have such a hard class and they hope I have a good summer because I deserve one, I'm going to kick them in the shins.

I know I have a hard class.  Telling me that doesn't help.

(Helping might help...  Balancing the classes so I don't have 11 IEPs while the other third grades each have 3 IEPs would help.  Balancing the classes so 2/3 of my class isn't below or well below grade level might help.  If some of the parents didn't cause such havoc in their children's lives, that would help.)

I went home from school yesterday at the very end of my rope.  It was a super hard day, punctuated by state testing (which they aren't doing that well on in a surprise to exactly no one) and a girl going on the lam and a student freaking out all afternoon and the boys being extremely naughty.

Adam listened and said the right things.  (He didn't tell me I have a hard class.  He knows I know.)

I'm grateful for him and for Mark who gave me a big hug when I got home.  They remind me that there is more to my life than the dumpster fire that is my class this year.


1 comment:

Janeal said...

I feel your pain, Thelma! Only another teacher can understand the challenges of teaching a very tough class. Only 10 days left in the school year! We can do this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails