Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Giving thanks

I have loved pausing to reflect on what I am the most grateful for this week.  It is humbling to recognize all the ways I've been blessed and all the wonderful things I experience just by being alive.  I have friends who have lost their sense of taste and smell because of Covid.  It has reminded me what a gift our senses are.

There's no ranking my gratitude list.  Who could say what is most important?  I think it's all interconnected though and at the very center is my Heavenly Father, the architect of everything wonderful in this world.  I know He loves me and I know He has a plan for me.  I know He doesn't take every hard thing away from me (even though I keep asking) because He wants me back and knows that it is through my trials that I will become better.

I know Jesus is the Christ.  I have felt the sustaining power of His mercy.  I have felt forgiven and the ability to forgive.  I have hope for a better world and I have hope I will see loved ones again because of Him.

I know President Nelson is a prophet of God.  He feels like an extension of God's love and the Spirit testifies to me when he speaks that it is the truth.

I love the Book of Mormon and the Bible.  It is grounding and soul giving to pause every day and read a little and be reminded of truths I know. I know that Joseph Smith was inspired by God to restore the Church of Jesus Christ and I feel connected to ancient people when I recognize that they worshiped Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ the same way.

Everything else that I'm grateful for can be traced back to these truths.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails